Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sometimes you just can't avoid stupid

So this thing about safety: I find that it's never really over-rated. Whether on a motorcycle on the highway, or in a car in city traffic, accidents happen. And with the advent of action video cameras (vidcams), a lot more motorcycle accidents are getting captured and uploaded to the Interwebs. Take this video for example:


Each crash makes me wince. Especially the ones you can see coming a mile away. Each crash reinforces for me the need to wear a helmet and protective gear. Each one practically screams: go easy on wet pavement, don't do stunts, always look out for the other guy, 
don't split lanes" (Sorry California, but splitting lanes is just stupid), and don't ride motorcycles in Asia.
Required gear for the road: coffee, protein,
maps, and Shoei RF 1100.

On my ride to Glacier National Park last year, I noticed that Idaho and Montana don't have helmet laws. Sure, it can get hot riding on a summer day, but one bad accident can cause more harm than ruining your day.

So, not to be too much of a bummer of a posting, I'm closing out with my video from the Glacier ride. Thank you, Boston! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Just came across this article.

    Watch how close the oncoming car comes to the bike.

    http://blog.motorcycle.com/2014/07/15/videos/avoid-accident-video/

    ReplyDelete