Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Keep It Clean

"Hey, honey, I brought you something from my trip."

(eye roll) "Not again..."

One of the ongoing jokes between my wife and I are the complimentary soaps and shampoos that always wind up back at our house after I've returned from a business trip. It's not a particularly funny joke and it violates the first rule of comedy; never tell a joke three times. Did I mention I've been doing this for... oh... 20 years?

The trove of soaps is one of those things, that for us, that reminds us that we've been together a long time and that the occasional stupid stunt is a good way to remember life can't always be so serious.

So what do we do with all these soaps? Keep them on-hand for house guests, take them with us for non-hotel trips and camp-outs, and when they amass to unmanageable volumes, donate them to charity.

They're also figure into my planning and packing for the Puget to Potomac Ride. Since I'll be camping along the way, and sometimes staying in budget hotels/motels, having a cache of free soap/shampoo will come in handy.

Now only if there was a way to pack a Heavenly Bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment