Sunday, March 29, 2015

291 Motorcycle Skills

I found this book a while ago at Half-Priced Books. At ~$10, it looked to be a great bargain.

It didn't disappoint. Written by Mark Lindeman and the editors at Cycle World, "The Total Motorcycling Manual" reads like magazine articles; each item is direct and informative, though not everything is a "skill."

Though I could have skipped over a lot of the content--riding a motobike through the desert or popping a wheelie, I didn't read anything in the book that I regretted. In fact, I really enjoyed hitting it a few items at a time.


The book has good tips and remainders about staying safe, and my OCD editor's eye picked up only two obvious errors. Skills 273 and 274 have incorrect photos. Not a deal-breaker by a long shot, but then those errors might be why it was a new book selling at Half-Priced Books.






No comments:

Post a Comment