Thursday, May 28, 2015

Dave from Sebring, FL

I met Dave outside the Big Meadows Visitor Center in Shenandoah National Park. He was sitting at a bench and working on postcards. 

"That your bike?" I asked. 

"Sure is," he said. And then we were off talking motorcycles and rides and adventures. 
Dave has been riding his Honda VTX around the country for 11 years. He's logged 216,000 miles in that time. That's the equivalent of the Puget-to-Potomac-to-Puget... 32 times. 

I liked his setup. He's got all the bags like my Tiger, as well as the fold-up camping chair. He also has something else: a fishing rod. Now if you're going to go out on the road and relax along the way, fishing is a great solution. 

Dave and I went our separate ways; him to pitch his tent for the night and me down to Waynesboro. Along the way, 
at RipRap Overlook, Evan Reed and his family got to talking with me about the Ride and their trip. He and Janna, Jack, and Evan 2 were driving from outside Tennessee to Northern Virginia for a wedding. 

Just for the record, when you have a 15 minute conversation with them and they offer to pray for your safe travels, you're dealing with good people. Travel safe, Reed family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment