Saturday, May 16, 2015

Missoula to Cody

The end of Day 2 finds me in Cody, WY. And I feel really smart about being here because I'm staying in a Holiday Inn Express.

The day started as it ended yesterday and continued on for 9 hours of riding... in the rain. I rode out of Missoula, in the rain. I passed through Butte, in the rain. I crossed the Continental Divide, in the rain. I stopped in Boseman, under a brief respite from the rain.

The Tiger held up really well. And I've come to believe that it is cognitively and physically impossible to ride through Montana without feeling that 90 miles an hour is normal. Hopefully, I don't end up like this guy.
Lunch in Boseman was just what the doctor ordered; bison meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and an always-full cup of coffee at Ted's Montana Grill.
As much of a surprise that Boseman turned out to be--it's really charming--so was Red Lodge, MT. Construction through the north end of town took me down side streets that revealed some really lovely Victorian homes.
Just to the east of Red Lodge and over the rise, this (below) spectacular view showed me everything I wanted about the weather (clear skies) and what I had been riding through (rain).
From here, the ride to Cody was beautiful and the roads a real treat; good traction, open vistas, and maybe 6 cars. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those are beautiful photos! I can just see the last two across a huge wall. :-)

    ReplyDelete