Friday, May 22, 2015

THE...

Ohio State University. 
Yeah I know it drives you non-Buckeyes crazy. I see the eye rolls. Heck, I can practically feel them from here. 

Ohio State was an important experience for me and it's a lot of fun to be here for a stopover on the ride. Even if my timing might be a little off. 😀
I can't believe the Wexner Center for the Arts is 25 years old. It opened the year I earned my Master's Degree.
If you've ever seen Jodi Foster's "Little Man Tate," this will look familiar.
Took a walk across the Quad...
...and checked in with Ox...
...before taking a look a the renovated Main Library...
...which is different from what I remember. Even the Stacks were upgraded...
...but the view is still gold.

One of things I was looking forward to on this trip was meeting people along the way. Today I had the great pleasure of meeting and spending time with Fr Kevin Lutz of St Mary's Church in Columbus's German Village. 

Fr Lutz is pastor of this historic church and shared a bit about the parish history. We found a common love of writing; he's working on two biographies, but his cat is the published author. 
Fr Lutz also manages the Soup Kitchen and Jubilee Museum. We toured the museum and he showed some of the relics, like this 1582 Bible...
...and relics of the Apostles.
No really. In that pendant: Relics of the 12 Apostles.

There's also this sculpture, as part of a traveling exhibit, by Alfred Tibor, a survivor of the Holocaust. It seemed especially appropriate to include with Memorial Day this weekend. It's called "Solider of Humanity" and is dedicated to the soliders of WWI who liberated the survivors of the concentration camps.
The Jubilee Museum is tucked away off Broad and near downtown. Definitely worth the visit. Let them know you're coming. 



2 comments:

  1. Love the statue. Go BUCKS!!!!! Way to go sweetheart. You're in the home stretch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, I wouldn't have recognized that as the library. Definitely not the same stacks I hung out in. I'm ever so jealous. Looks like you are having a great trip!

    ReplyDelete