Friday, May 1, 2015

Living on the Edge

So I'm sitting at John Wayne/Orange County Airport yesterday, grabbing a bite to eat before flying home to Seattle. The vendor du jour is Pei Wei, the McDonald's of Asian food. After gobbling up their version of Kung Pao Chicken (tasty, heavy on the salt), I crack open the fortune cookie and this is what I get:


That pretty much sums up my whole attitude to the P2P--take the chance and be glad about it.

Let's hope that I'm happy about my cuisine choices along the way, as well. Forthe trip, I'm packing enough food stuffs to eat on the road... at a campsite... in the middle of nowhere... for 5 days. It should be more than enough to keep me fed for most of the trip as I have a weakness for roadside diners. In pulling gear for the trip, I found some freeze-dried meals from 2001 when I was big into backpacking. The meals do not have expiration dates--only creation dates. I'll know within a few minutes whether the food is expired.






1 comment:

  1. I know from experience 10 year old freeze dried food tastes perfectly fine.

    ReplyDelete